ELASTOCOL® 600 is a ready-to-use cold-applied bitumen primer composed of elastomeric bitumen and volatile solvents for selfadhesive waterproofing sheets.
Compatible with all substrate (concrete, metal or wood-based), ELASTOCOL® 600 is implemented cold. ELASTOCOL® 600 is a single component, ready to use and packaged in cans handling practices.
ELASTOCOL® 600 is used as a cold-applied primer, to increase adherence for self-adhesive bitumen-based waterproofing membranes (SOPRASOLIN®, COLPHENE®, SOPRASTICK® or SOPRASTICK® SI). Refer to related technical documents for further details. Product must be well mixed in order to obtain a proper homogenization of components.
- Ensure that the tools are clean. It will be applied with a brush, a roller or sprayed onto dry, clean surfaces, free of non-adhesive materials. Metal surfaces must be degreased beforehand.
- Let the product dry completely before applying waterproofing membranes.
- Tool cleaning: cleaning solvents (i.e. White Spirit, Xylene).
- Cans: 1 liter, 5 liters or 30 liters.
- Approximate consumption: 0,25 to 0,80 liter/m² (depends on nature of use and the nature of the substrate).
- 30 liters can covers about 37 m²
- 5 liters can covers about 6.25 m²
- 1 liter can covers about 1.25 m²
On smooth, non-absorbent substrate (i.e. metal), the average consumption may be lower:
- 30 liters can covers about 120 m²
- 5 liters can covers about 25 m²
- 1 liter can covers about 4 m²
- Storage: the product can be store until 12 months, ensure that it is kept above 0°C and away from sun rays.
SOPREMA has always attached the highest importance to Quality Control. For this reason, we operate an independently monitored Quality Assurance System in compliance with BS EN ISO 9001: 2008, certified by BSI Management System.