ELASTOCOL® 500 is a ready-to-use cold-applied bitumen primer composed of elastomeric bitumen and volatile solvents.
Advantages of ELASTOCOL® 500:
- many compatible surfaces (concrete, metal or wood support),
- cold-applied primer.
ELASTOCOL® 500 must be well mixed in order to obtain a proper homogenization of components. Ensure that the tools are clean. It will be applied with a brush or roller onto dry, clean surfaces, free of non-adhesive materials. Metal surfaces must be degreased beforehand. Let the product dry completely before applying waterproofing membranes. Tool cleaning: cleaning solvents (i.e. White Spirit, Xylene).
- Cans : 5 kg and 30 kg.
- Approximate consumption: 0,15 to 0,25 liter/m² (depends on nature of use and the nature of the substrate).
- 30 liters can covers about 120 m²
- 5 liters can covers about 20 m²
On smooth, non-absorbent substrate (i.e. metal), the average consumption may be lower:
- 30 liters can covers about 200 m²
- 5 liters can covers about 30 m²
- Storage: the product can be store until 12 months, ensure that it is kept above 0°C and away from sun rays.