AQUADERE® is a ready-to-use cold-applied bitumen emulsion primer (solvent free).
AQUADERE® is used as a cold-applied primer, to increase adherence for bitumen-based waterproofing membranes. It's also used as a bituminous coating for buried walls and foundations.
- solvent free (COV),
- tools can be clean with water,
- no carrying issue,
- not flammable,
- easy to apply,
- perfect adherence to the support,
- easy management of waste.
AQUADERE® must be well mixed to obtain a proper homogenization of components.
- Ensure that the tools are clean and free of any substances that may hinder the emulsion process.
- Surface must be clean without rust. Use flam if required or mechanical methods.
- Product must be applied with a brush or roller or sprayed onto dry, clean surfaces, free of non-adhesive materials. Metal surfaces must be degreased beforehand. Do not wet the surface until product is not completely dry.
- Product must be dry before applying waterproofing membranes.
- Tool cleaning:
- If product is dry: cleaning solvents (i.e. White Spirit, Xylene)
- Cans: 5 kg or 25 kg.
- Approximate consumption: 0.25 liter/m² (depends on nature of use and the nature of the substrate).
- On rough and absorbent substrate (i.e. concrete, wood):
- 25 L can covers about 100 m²
On smooth, non-absorbent substrate (i.e. metal), the average consumption may be lower.
- Storage: the product can be store until 12 months, ensure that it is kept above 0°C and away from sun rays. This product, however, contains frost-preventing properties, allowing it to be stored for a few days at 0°C.