CURFER is a resin composed mainly of high acrylic polymers.
CURFER is used for regeneration and protection of
metal surfaces: cladding, external tanks, metal girders... The product
can also be used on degreased non-ferrous metals.
- excellent adhesion: the product forms a perfectly solidary film support,
- resistance: CURFER resists to the effects of air pollution, including sulfur dioxide and salt spray. It also tolerates certain chemicals: oils, fuel oils, aliphatic hydrocarbons and white spirit,
- aesthetics: CURFER now provides a neat finish in 15 colors,
- flexible: the product creates an elastic coating that retains its flexibility over time,
- ease of implementation: CURFER is a ready to use,
- CURFER contains a corrosion inhibitor.
CURFER is used to protect metal structures against
rust (aluminum, copper, zinc, lead like cladding, corrugated metal sheets,
gutters, pipes…) as a corrosion inhibitor. Diluted in 25% of water as
a primer on slightly or non-porous surfaces like glass, bricks, ceramic,
Rubbery covering, elastic (200 %), watertight, long-lasting, easy to use, free of lead and solvent.
Excellent resistance to corrosion, weather change and to many chemical products. It is also used a finishing coloured layer on ALSAN® FLASHING or as a primer with ALSAN® 320 waterproofing systems on corrugated metal sheets. Product must be well mixed in order to obtain a proper homogenization of components. Ensure that the tools are clean. Surface must be clean and non-adhesive parts removed.
Preparing the surface:
- If used as an anticorrosion cover, use classical rust-removal procedure (sand, metal brush…)
- If used as a primer: degrease the surface, clean and sand if needed. Ensure that proper ventilation is available to accelerate the drying process. If work is momentarily interrupted let the brush/nozzle soak in water. Rinse the device with water after use.
- Roller/brush: 2 coats of 400 g/m² (use undiluted Curfer)
- Airless: 1 layer of 800 g/m² (dilute in 2 – 3 % of water)
- Nozzle 18 – 23 mills
- Tool cleaning: water
- Application temperature: +8°C to +55°C
- Maximum relative humidity 80 %
- 24 months in original can, in a cool, well-ventilated area
- Temperature must be kept between +5°C and +20°C
SOPREMA has always attached the highest importance to Quality Control. For this reason, we operate an independently monitored Quality Assurance System in compliance with ISO 9001: 2008 certified by BSI Management System.