Alsan® 176 is a PMMA based, fast-curing, filled scratch-coat primer.
Alsan® 176 is used as a barrier on highly absorbent mineral substrates in preparation for the later application of Alsan® PMMA resins. Alsan® 176 is specifically designed for use on highly porous substrates.
- Optimum filling of pores and pinholes
- Minimal run-off on vertical surfaces
- Very good adhesion on absorbent substrates
- Hydrolysis and alkali resistant
- Solvent free
2-component, fast-curing PMMA based (polymethyl methacrylate) scratch-coat primer, made thixotropic and filled with quartz sand. Alsan® 176 is unpigmented.
- Technical data:
- Density: 1,37 g/cm³
- Smooth: 0.8 kg/m²
- Fine-sandy: 0.9 kg/m²
- Rough: 1.2 kg/m²
Application equipment / tools:
- Mixing of the product: suitable mixer (ex. paint mixer)
- Applying of the product: smoothing trowel
Alsan® 176 must only be applied to a prepared substrate. Please refer to the appropriate application guide for information about correct surface preparation.
- First stir the tub contents thoroughly.
- Then add the catalyst whilst stirring at a low speed for 2 minutes.
- Make sure that all material on the side and base of the pot is mixed in.
- At temperatures below 10 °C the product should be stirred for 4 minutes as the catalyst will take longer to dissolve.
- Use a smoothing trowel to apply an even, film forming layer of primer.
- Avoid creating any build-up of material.
- Once the coating has cured, apply a second coat to cover any defects (bubbles, areas not fully coated).
Packaging: can of 10 kg.
Alsan® 176 is supplied without Alsan® 070 catalyst.
- Store in original sealed packaging in a cool, dry and frost-free place.
- Avoid warm storage areas (> 30 °C) even for brief periods, for example on site.
- Consequently the products must not be exposed to direct sunlight or kept in a vehicle.
- Unopened products have a shelf life of at least 12 months.
- After opening, reseal the packaging so it is completely airtight.
EAN 13 - 10 kg : 3434550328548