CURAL® is a waterproofing coating composed of elastomeric bitumen, aluminium pigments, fibres, mineral fillers and volatile solvents.
CURAL® is used as a bituminous covering to replace older waterproofing coats, particularly those of sanded bitumen layers or use on CURNOIR® renewing protection. Please refer to technical information. CURAL® is also used to protect metal structures against rust (cladding, corrugated metal sheets, gutters, pipes) as a corrosion inhibitor, on corrugated fiber cement/steel roofing panels or to cover edge of overlap for aluminium foil covered bitumen waterproofing membranes.
- Due to its aluminium leafing pigmentation, it is an ideal reflective coating, therefore cools down the building interior temperature and is highly resistant to UV light. It is also used a finishing layer on ALSAN® FLASHING®.
- Product must be well mixed in order to obtain a proper homogenization of components. Ensure that the tools are clean. It will be applied with a brush or roller (about 400 g/m²) onto dry, clean surfaces, free of non-adhesive materials. Metal surfaces must be degreased beforehand.
- When applied with CURNOIR®, let the product dry completely before applying the 2 layers of 200 g/m² of CURNOIR®. Refer to related technical documents for further details concerning consumption and installation.
- Application temperatures: +5°C to +40°C.
- Tool cleaning: petroleum solvents (i.e. White Spirit, Xylene).
- Boxes: 1 kg
- Cans: 25 kg
- Approximate consumption: about 400 g/m²
- Storage: 1 year in original can, in a cool, well-ventilated area
SOPREMA has always attached the highest importance to Quality Control. For this reason, we operate an independently monitored Quality Assurance System in compliance with ISO 9001: 2008 certified by BSI Management System.