PERLIBETON® is made of calibrated and expanded perlite grains, used for lightweight concrete.
Lightweight concrete of PERLIBETON® can be prepared
on worksite (cement mixer) or in concrete mixer plant (pumpable).
- excellent report density/mechanical resistance,
- economic product,
- practical, ease to smooth,
- thermal and sound insulating.
PERLIBETON® is a complement to thermal and acoustics insulation:
- direct bond of floor tiles.
- Step 1: clean the floor of all debris, water spots and dusts.
- Step 2: place a protection polyethylene film of 150 μm against the laitance penetration on the support.
- Step 3: place a peripheral separation tape along verticals wall and pipes penetrations.
- Step 4: lay the welded mesh (mesh size 50 mm x 50 mm, minimum weight 650 g/m²) on the floor without perforating the protection film.
- Step 5: put wooden wedges on the support to the level to be reached by the lightweight concrete.
- Step 6: mix, in the cement mixer, the PERLIBETON® with sand, cement, water according the following composition: Lightweight concrete PERLIBETON® (Cement mixer): PERLIBETON® 8 bags (800 L) Cement: 320 kg Sand-Granular class 0/4 mm: 190 kg Water: 160 L ± 10 L
- Step 7: pour between the wooden wedges the lightweight concrete PERLIBETON® while positioning the welded mesh in the middle of the concrete. Then level the concrete by using a ruler. Provide expansion joints every 40 m² made at least 24 hours after the concrete has been poured.
- Step 8: after levelling the concrete, remove wooden wedges and fill their place with lightweight concrete PERLIBETON®.
- Step 9 (optional): smooth the lightweight concrete PERLIBETON® with a trowel.
- Printed plastic bag of 100 L
- Identified by manufacturing date
- Pallet of 33 bags wrapped and banded with PE foil
PERLIBETON® is light aggregate for concrete and mortar and complies with EN 13055-1, thereby bearing the CE standard marking.