PROTEC'CAVE® is a water repellent, low-odour, solvent-based and acrylic resin used to protect foundations and substrates from water infiltration as well as to prevent mold from developing.
PROTEC'CAVE® is applied onto several types of substrate
like concrete, bricks, cement, brick walls and other masonry materials.
It can be used indoors.
- powerful protection against moisture,
- sustainable fungicidal action,
- easy implemenation,
- clean finish.
Product must be well mixed before being used. The tools must
be clean and imperatively solvent-free so as to avoid compromising the
efficiency of the product.
1. Preparing the substrate Surface must be clean. Any defect in the masonry work must be treated beforehand:
- Degrease and remove any impurities with an appropriate detergent.
- Remove traces of salt or efflorescence using a chlorhydric or phosphoric acid-based solution.
- Remove any powdery traces which may alter the resin's adherence onto the surface using a brush.
- Remove mold with bleach or an antifungal cleaner. Rinse the substrate well.
- Fill in holes and cracks with fine mortar.
- Mix the resin before starting.
- Apply a first coat with a brush or short-haired roller. Use the necessary amount in order to obtain a smooth film without air entrapments.
- Allow the resin to dry.
- Apply a second coat with a brush or a roller. Remove air entrapments.
- Apply the resin in several cross shapes in order to optimize its adherence onto the surface.
Can of 5 kg. Used as a waterproofing coating for underground
- on porous surfaces: about 1,2 m²/kg.
- on smooth and compact surfaces: about 2,5 m²/kg.
Storage: 2 years in original can, in a cool, well-ventilated area, temperature must be kept between +5°C and +20°C.