Roof waterproofing of World Ferrari and roof over the race track
- Sopralene® 180 4.0S - 600 000 m2
- Project's Address: Abu Dhabi - Yas Island Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Contractors: BESIX
- Consultants: Shankland Cox
- Applicators: Kabbani Construction Group UAE
- Contact Name: Raymond George - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOPREMA Canada realized the waterproofing of Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi.
This is exactly 55,742 m² membranes that were sent from Drummondville plant to Abu Dhabi (11 containers needed) in order to achieve the waterproofing of the massive Ferrari World roof. It is the largest indoor race track in the world, located on Yas Island.
SOPREMA Research and Development departmenthad todesign amembraneresistant toheatabove 40 °C temperatureroutinely exceededinthe capital ofUnited Arab Emirates. Rolls implementation lasted a month. Groups of 30to 50 workers had workedtirelesslyeven at nightdue toextreme heat.