BANDE D'ARASE is a flexible SBS elastomeric bitumen waterproofing strip with a composite glass/polyester reinforcement to be used for damp proof courses. Both sides are covered by fine sand.
BANDE D'ARASE is used for building works – small
mansonry unit walls – such as damp proof courses, watertight barrier for
windows ledge and drainage for wall base.
- rot-proof and waterproof: it guarantees absolute protection against rising damp,
- reliable: good performance at low temperatures due to the use of elastomeric bitumen,
- insensitive to alkaline attack.
BANDE D'ARASE is used according to the DTU 20.1:
- Damp proof courses: BANDE D'ARASE will be carried out on a mortar layer of 2 cm, and protected by a second layer of mortar of 2 cm. Overlaps will be 20 cm.
- Watertight barrier for windows ledge: BANDE D'ARASE will be carried out under ledge when composed with structural mansonry unit wall, slope must be ≥ 10%.
- Drainage for wall base: BANDE D'ARASE will be placed on gutter with a minimum 10 cm high for upstands and 3 cm more than drainage outlet. Overlaps will be 20 cm and details must be done carefully. BANDE D'ARASE is also used according to DTU 31.2 and will be carried out under the wood structure.
- Roll length: 10 m
- Roll width: 20 cm, 25 cm, 33 cm, 40 cm or 50 cm
- Roll weight: about 8 kg (for 25 cm width)
- Storage: upright on pallet with plastic wrapping, protected against moisture
BANDE D'ARASE is a flexible membrane to be used for damp proof courses and complies with EN 14967, thereby bearing the CE standard marking.