Roof waterproofing of World Ferrari and roof over the race track
- Sopralene® 180 4.0S - 600 000 m2
- Project's Address: Abu Dhabi - Yas Island Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Contractors: BESIX
- Consultants: Shankland Cox
- Applicators: Kabbani Construction Group UAE
- Contact Name: Raymond George - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOPREMA Canada realized the waterproofing of Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi.
This is exactly 55,742 m² membranes that were sent from Drummondville plant to Abu Dhabi (11 containers needed) in order to achieve the waterproofing of the massive Ferrari World roof. It is the largest indoor race track in the world, located on Yas Island.
SOPREMA Research and Development department had to design a membrane resistant to heat above 40 ° C temperature routinely exceeded in the capital of United Arab Emirates. Rolls implementation lasted a month. Groups of 30 to 50 workers had worked tirelessly even at night due to extreme heat.